Over the course of our 127 years in Lowertown (used to just be called "town"), we have seen our share of "next BIG things" in the neighborhood. We 'blew our wig' when that big red "1st" arrived in the 1930s. Having the WE Burger Federal Courthouse go up in the 60s was 'outta sight!' (unless you were inside for reasons that were a 'total downer'). But nothing compares to the day when our beloved Saints arrived 'like a Boss' to play in the new CHS Field – located within a Harmon Killebrew home run from our front door!
While we all enjoy extra innings, we'll play nine for this year's Season Preview and Visitors Guide. Make sure to send this post 'around the horn' for all of your favorite fans!
The total cost of the project was $63 million. The City of Saint Paul provided $19 million and a $5 million internal loan, the St. Paul Saints provided $11 million, and the State of Minnesota provided a $25 million grant for the construction, $2 million in grants for the environmental cleanup work, and a $1 million loan for the project. The City of Saint Paul received two grants for environmental remediation efforts that helped repay the internal loan: a $748,100 Livable Communities Tax Base Revitalization Account (TBRA) grant from the Metropolitan Council and a $747,900 Environmental Response Fund grant from Ramsey County. The City pursued funds from other entities, including grants related to environmental cleanup, to repay the remaining $3.5 million of the internal loan.
The approximately 7,000-seat ballpark is owned by the City of Saint Paul and operated by the St. Paul Saints.
Beyond Baseball – CHS Field brings entertainment
- Live Music – Doomtree held their all-day party here last year and every summer brings exciting new Twin Cities Jazz Festival headliners to the CHS Field stage.
And (most) everyone is waiting for that special date with Bob Dylan – who has graced the Saints stage before.
- Weddings - CHS Field offers one of the most unique wedding venues in Saint Paul. From ceremonies on home plate to scenic receptions against the glow of the city lights in the Securian Club, CHS Field has options available to accommodate weddings of up to 200 guests. Our experienced team will work with you to create the day of your dreams that your guests will be talking about for years to come.
CHS Field offers one of the most unique wedding venues in Saint Paul. From ceremonies on home plate to scenic receptions against the glow of the city lights in the Securian Club, CHS Field has options available to accommodate weddings of up to 200 guests. Our experienced team will work with you to create the day of your dreams that your guests will be talking about for years to come.
SCORE: Lowertown 2 everywhere else 0
SECOND INNING – PIONEER PASS PREGAME
Score major league discounts* before (and after) each St. Paul Saints Game
- Ox Cart Ale House – 255 East 6th Street – 651-756-8909
- Rooftop Happy Hour
- 'Nuf Ced (tip o' the cap to Red Sox Nation)
- SW Craft Bar – 111 East Kellogg Blvd – 651-224-2019
- Happy Hour before
- Live Music after
- The Bulldog Lowertown – 237 6th Street East – 651-221-0750
- Double Dog Dare
- Shuttle to Saints Game
- Dark Horse Bar & Eatery – 250 East Seventh Street – 651-313-7960
- Basque in the Sun
- The Last Word
- Heartland Restaurant & Wine Bar – 289 E. 5th Street – 651-699-3536
- Wine Bar
All of them are 'bringing the gas' to your pregame party plans! *Discounts may vary during events. Please call first.
SCORE: Lowertown 7 everywhere else 0
THIRD INNING – LOWERTOWN PREGAME
Head outside the base paths to enjoy these too
- Handsome Hog – 206 E. 6th Street – 651-340-7710
- Big River Pizza – 280 5th Street E. – 651-683-2186
- Golden's Lowertown – 275 E. 4th Street – 651-224-8888
SCORE: Lowertown 10 everywhere else 0
FOURTH INNING – WHO NEEDS TWO?
Get your tickets right here
- 2016 Home Schedule (All Times 7:05pm unless noted)
- June 24-30
- July 4 "Independence Day Celebration Fireworks Super Show" 6:05pm
- July 5-6, 12-17, 22-27 (5:05pm start on 7.17, 7.24 & 1:05pm on 7.27)
- August 2-6, 11-14, 22-24, 30-31 (5:05pm start on 8.14)
- September 1-3
- September 4 "Fan Appreciation Fireworks Super Show" 5:05pm
- September 5 FINAL REGULAR SEASON GAME 11:05pm
- Ballpark Map (click here)
- Get 'em from $5 to $130 (Adult) and from $5 to $129 (Youth/Senior) CLICK HERE
- Friday home games with post-game fireworks are an additional $2 per ticket
- Home games with post-game fireworks super show are and additional $3 per ticket
- Youth 14 years and under & seniors 65 years and older are $1 off per ticket
Box Office: M-F 8:30am-5:30am Sat 10:00am-2:00pm
SCORE: Lowertown 13 everywhere else 0
FIFTH INNING – ROUND THIRD AND HEAD FOR HOME
Directions to 360 N Broadway St – St. Paul, MN 55101 CLICK HERE
- CHS Field is conveniently located off of I-94 and HWY 52
- Parking – Lowertown has plenty of parking! CHS Parking Map CLICK HERE
- Shuttles – Local bars that are offering shuttles to Saints games
- Alary's Bar
- Gabe's By The Park
- The Gopher Bar
- The Bulldog Lowertown (Pioneer Pass)
- Bennett's Chop & Railhouse
- Metro Transit
- Green Line
Green Line drops you steps away from CHS Field
SCORE: Lowertown 17 everywhere else 0
SIXTH INNING – GET-TO-KNOW YOUR SAINTS
Last year's historic regular season highlights
- Franchise best regular season record 74 wins 26 losses
- Alonzo Harris set franchise record with 39 stolen bases. Watch for him in Outfield!
- Saints pitching staff set a franchise record 3.41 ERA
- Willie Argo 78 runs, Angelo Songco 82 RBI were franchise records. This year's Outfield and Infield respectively.
|#16 Alonzo Harris OF – 39 SB '15 *record|
|#2 Angelo Songco IF – 82 RBI '15 *record|
|#8 Willie Argo OF – 78 R '15 *record|
- Your 2016 Saint Paul Saints CLICK HERE
- George Tsamis – Manager
- Nick Baker – Head Groundskeeper
- Emily Vickers – Manager of Community Relations
Seventh Inning – Stretch
- Too hungry to write… CLICK HERE
- Burger Depot
- Sandwich Lot
- Dog Park
- Pies and Fries
- Mud's Dairy Area
- Beer Dabbler Craft Beer Corner
- Fun for groups of 50-75 $100 rental fee
- Lots to drink in every corner!
|Beer Dabbler Craft Beer|
Eighth Inning – Extra Bases
- Sumo wrestling, tire races, bus race $100
- On-Field Photo $25
- Steal-A-Base $150 per max two
- Wall off Grand Slam $225
- Picnic Areas
- The Lawn
- The Gallery
- Treasure Island Terrace
|Treasure Island Terrace|
Ninth Inning – The Home Stretch
- Distance to CHS Field from the Pioneer Endicott
- 0.4 mile
- Walking time to CHS Field from the Pioneer Endicott
- 6 min